|Covid 19 Update:
Your safety is our top priority. Please click here
for information about measures we're taking to help.
Kia Recommended Service
When do I need to service my Kia?
From extreme heat to bitter cold, there's no question Canada is an extreme climate for vehicles. In order to get the best value and performance from your Kia, recommended service should take place every 6,000 kms or 6 months, or as indicated in the 'Severe Weather Schedule' in your owner's manual. The table below outlines Kia's suggested maintenance intervals. Please consult our service advisor for additional details for your specific model.
Recommended Maintenance Intervals
- Replace engine oil & filter
- Inspect interior & exterior lights
- Inspect wiper/washer condition & operation
- Inspect & adjust tire pressure
- Check coolant, battery, brake, & washer fluid levels
- Check horn function
- Inspect and lubricate all latches, hinges, & locks
Service 1 plus...
- Inspect Cabin Air Filter & service HVAC case
- Remove & rotate tires
- Inspect brake system for proper operation, check pad/shoe thickness, inspect calipers/wheel cylinders for proper operation, leaks or damage
- Adjust parking brake if required
- Add Kia Pro-Series Fuel Injection System Treatment
- Inspect engine coolant level & condition, visually inspect system for leaks
- Inspect transmission fluid & top-up if necessary
- Lubricate door weatherstrips
- Road test vehicle
Service 2 plus...
- Service front brakes
- Service rear brakes, including park brake adjustment
- Service battery terminals & provide 'State-Of-Health' print-out
- Inspect drive belt(s) - condition & tension
- Inspect vacuum & crankcase ventilation hoses
- Inspect condition of ignition system
- Check drive shafts and boots for leaks
Service 3 plus...
- Replace engine coolant
- Replace engine air filter
- Replace fuel tank air filter*
- Inspect fuel liens, fuel hoses, and connections
- Inspect complete emission system including all lines, hoses, and fuel filler cap
- Inspect complete exhaust system - manifolds, pipes, catalytic converters, and muffler
- Inspect suspension components including chocks, struts, links, & bushings
- Inspect steering gear, linkage, boots, and lower-arm ball joints
- Inspect power steering pump and hoses
- Inspect transfer case and rear differential fluid levels (AWD models only)
- Inspect all seatbelts and anchor integrity
- Wheel Alignment Check - 12 months
- Major Fuel Induction Service - 16 months / 36,000 km
- Replace Brake Fluid - 36 months / 72,000 km
- Replace Power Steering Fluid - 36 months / 36,000 km
- AWD Service (Replace Transfer Case & Rear Differential Fluids) - 40 months / 80,000 km*
- Replace Auto/Manual Transmission Fluid - 48 months / 48,000 km
- Replace Spark Plugs (Regular) - 24 months / 48,000 km
- Replace Spark Plugs (Platinum) - 48 months / 96,000 km
- Service Spark Plugs (Iridium) - 48 months / 96,000 km
- Replace Fuel Filter - 30 months / 60,000 km
- Replace Timing Belt - 48 months / 96,000 km
- Inspect Valve Clearance - 48 months / 96,000 km
* If equipped: In addition to the Kia Motors Factory Recommended Service intervals listed above, your Kia may require additional time/mileage sensitive maintenance such as the replacement of vital fluids, filters, belts, and spark plugs. Please consult our service advisor and/or vehicle owner's manual for complete details.